cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help to cross check drawing name to be the same as instance name of part with family table

Highlighted

Please help to cross check drawing name to be the same as instance name of part with family table

Let's say I have this generic_part.prt with three different instance:

1. generic_part1-a

2. generic_part2-a

3. generic_part3-a

"-a" suffix indicates revision name.

Then I create drawing which have the same name with each instance. for example "generic_part1-a.drw" for the instance "generic_part1-a.prt".

Sometimes, I did a mistake when using an instance in a different drawing name.

All I want is a counter to cross check whether the drawing name has the same name with the instance or not. I have tried any methods, but no success.

Can you show me how to solve this problem? Any help will greatly appreciated. Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Please help to cross check drawing name to be the same as instance name of part with family tabl

I think ModelCHECK can do this.

You need the setting DRW_MODEL_NAME EQ FIRST_MODEL. See this help page for details: https://support.ptc.com/help/creo/creo_pma/usascii/index.html#page/model_analysis/modelcheck/start_c...

Setting up ModelCHECK is a larger topic, though, and not easy to do if you haven't done it before. But ModelCHECK is the tool you're looking for.
Announcements