Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Point Pattern - How to access the number (count) of Pattern Members

Highlighted
Participant

Point Pattern - How to access the number (count) of Pattern Members

Hi All,

Any ideas how to get the number of Pattern Members when using a Point Pattern? I'm not looking to drive the number of Points in the Sketch with this, it's display only. Use case is an irregular pattern of holes, and everything works fine except I don't have a way to add the number of holes to the hole callout. On a Dimension (and Table Pattern I think) this shows up as a parameter that can be added.

Thanks in Advance

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Point Pattern - How to access the number (count) of Pattern Members

I am also searching the same not only for point also for fill pattern. I guess you may need to add an idea.

Highlighted

This sounds like an extension to this idea:

http://communities.ptc.com/ideas/3639

If everybody votes it up, maybe PTC will implement it in Creo Parametric 14.6, or perhaps even sooner...

Highlighted

Highlighted

Over 3 years later, is this still not possible?  I'm driving hole features by a point pattern in Creo 2 and Creo knows the number of holes because it adds it to the hole note, but I cannot reuse it elsewhere. 

In the hole note it's &PATTERN_NO, but that doesn't work anywhere else.  I tried &PATTERN_NO:fid_3047 where 3047 was the feature ID of the pattern and that failed as well.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
Highlighted

[Edit] I misunderstood your question. Sorry about that. I don't know the answer to your question. Hopefully you found a way.

[Original Respond]

Fortunately there is a way, although not very intuitive (you all know how user friendly Creo is). Choosing your pattern feature, right click and click Edit (NOT Edit Definition), the dimension will be displayed without going into the Pattern function. Hover your mouse pointer above the number of pattern dimension, and if should display the dimension pxxx:Fxxx(PATTERN), then you can use that pxxx dimension, or you can click Switch Dimensions and it'll show the variable too.

3 years late, but hopefully other people will find this helpful.

Good luck.

Announcements