cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Polished drawings

cgherghe-2
8-Gravel

Polished drawings

I am trying to make the perspective views of my CREO parts to look like the attached snippets of drawings. The two elements I am missing (i.e. no idea how to render) is the possibility of drawing numbered lines from the view itself, and then come up with those thinner surface lines that give the illusion of mass and volume and depth.
I know how to put text labels in a drawing, but I am missing these two elements:
1) draw wobbly lines from the part to the exterior of the part, and
2) add surface thin lines.
I have attached the files with a model part and a drawing that I am trying to make look good, and some jpg snippets that show how the finished look should present itself.

P.S. I know CREO was not created for artistic drawings, and I know that the jpg drawings attached have a very polished look just because they were hand drawn by artists. I am not trying to replicate this polished look, not even in a proportion of 25% or less. All I want is to be able to number the elements in the perspective view, and put a little bit of life in these views of mine. Thank you!

P.P.S. I am willing to even go with a grainy texture that can be applied to the whole part and then made to look good in a black and white drawing (if such a thing even exists or it's possible).

1 REPLY 1

So you're trying to make patent illustrations. I've done these in the past and the only way to do so I worked out was to use generate lined images from Creo, then use an image editor, like GIMP or Photoshop to do the artistic effects. I would not waste the time trying to get Creo to make 1800s style views of parts, it's just not equipped to do that kind of thing.

Top Tags