cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Pro/PIPING and BOM-table repeat regions

MauricePots
1-Newbie

Pro/PIPING and BOM-table repeat regions

Hello everyone, First of all, I couldn't find a seperate Pro/PIPING-section in the forum on this site, so I thought I'd just post this question here. If there is a seperate Pro/piping-section, please direct me there so that I may ask my question in the proper place. My question is related to Pro/PIPING (obvious by now) and the use of a BOM-table in a drawing. I can't seem to get a 'standard' paramater to go in a BOM-table repeat region alongside a 'piping' paramater in the same BOM-table repeat region. For example: If I put &asm.mbr.OD (for say, an elbow-part) next to &asm.mbr.pipe.segment.stock.OD (for pipe-segments) in the same repeat region, one of them doesn't show. I've already tried several things using relations (among other things), but I still can't get it to work. I was hoping you guys (gals maybe?) could help me come up with a solution (one that preferably does not involve ISOGEN-drawings) Thanks in advance, Maurice
8 REPLIES 8

Hello again everyone, I've been tinkering around with my problem a bit more and I discovered that the reason why the 'piping' parameters didn't show up was because (somehow) they are attached to an 'assembly' which contains the pipe extend and the line stock information (and I was filtering out assemblies for some reason 0.o). It turns out each section of pipe consists of one of these 'assemblies' and a corresponding part (which contains the pipe solid). Which leads me to my next problem: there aren't any parameters (none whatsoever) in the pipe-parts (which I want in the BOM-table and not the 'assemblies' because they don't have the right name) for me to call forth in a repeat region. So I guess my real question to you guys is: is there any way to attach line stock information (parameters) to the pipe solid parts so it shows up correctly in the BOM-table? Once again, thanks in advance, Maurice

Hey guys, I still haven't found a solution for my problem, isn't there anyone out there who knows something about Pro/PIPING? regards, Maurice

Hello Maurice , I donot have the answer for your question as iam ametuer . But i think you are working for quite a long time . I have a question how can we hide the axis of pipe connections in model as well in drawing. Thanks in advance, kathir.

haha kathir, that's a very good question, I'd like to know the awnser to that one myself too ^,^

Hello everybody, Kathir, I believe I have found the awnser to your question: I've set the config option 'pipe_solid_centerline' to 'no' and the drawing option 'hlr_for_pipe_solid_cl' to ' yes' and voila, my centerlines were gone! 😃 I hope this awnsers your question Kathir 😃 Now if only I had an awnser for my original question about the BOM-table...

Maurice,

I see your last post is quite long time ago, so by now you may already have the answer. What you need to do in order for any ProPipe paramters to show on a BOM, is a Parametric Report or ProReport. You need to have the hose/tube activated for this. Under the Piping Menu you go to INFO>Report Pipeline> Select "Bend Location" under Info Type, and UNder Definition you will select the Segment that you want info about, and then the Coordinate system where you want these coordinates to start from. Also make sure you have selected "Designate for Report Setup", after selecting the Coor Sys and clciking Done/Return the report will display in the middle for Results, then you go to the bottom of the dialog box and type the name, and save it, because this is independent and embedded in the file. After doing this, all this parameter or any other similar ones shall show up on the BOM and the way you have it set up.

I know your post if from April, but one never knows, so I hope this helps at least a little.

Laura

I find that if you place the piping run/extend on a layer then turn that layer off it works quite well, otherwise the green piping run lines show up on drawings.

Give it a try

Dennis

Any chance you found a solution for this? It's obvious the pipeline that the solid belongs to isn't completely lost when you create the solid, as it still shows the solid pipes under the correct pipeline when you look at the Pipe Solid Manager. It seems like it should be a simple solution.

Anyway, I came up with one, but it's not the MOST optimal. 

When you're creating pipe solids, you let them take their default names, with the pipeline name at the beginning of the solid's name. Then set your repeat region to asm.mbr.name. Then go into your repeat region's relations manager. Add a custom parameter below the relations window (I called mine "PL"). Then just use an EXTRACT() function in your repeat region's relations to pull characters from the pipe-solid's name. If you use the same function for multiple different pipelines, you just have to change the EXTRACT() arguments to adjust for the pipeline name's length (in characters). OR, if you know you'll never get into the thousands of pipe solids per pipeline, and you never use zero's in your pipeline names, you could use SEARCH() to look for the first zero in the pipe solid's name. Get creative with your string functions.

Examples (I commented out the first one as I'm not using that in my model) :

PL.png

Then you just set your repeat region to rpt.rel.PL

Here's a list of string functions you can use (Page called "Operators and Functions for Strings", in the Creo help files, in case the link ever gets broken.):
http://support.ptc.com/help/creo/creo_optm/usascii/index.html#page/optm/options_modeler/fund_seven_sub/Operators_and_Functions_for_Strings.html

Top Tags