cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

ProE Wildfire and Solid State Hard Drives

ptc-882974
1-Newbie

ProE Wildfire and Solid State Hard Drives

Does anyone have any performance comments on if a Solid State Hard Drive vs SATA or SAS is faster.

I am buying a new workstation and would appreciate any feedback on if a Solid State Hard Drive help ProE Wildfire.

thanks

Daniel Vugteveen
IT Systems Manager

===IMPORTANT LEGAL NOTICE===
The information contained in this e-mail is intended for use solely by the recipient and delegates and may contain information that is legally privileged, confidential, proprietary or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail in error, you are hereby notified and required by law to delete the e-mail message immediately. The recipient acknowledges that Teamvantage, LLC. is unable to exercise control over or guarantee the integrity of e-mail transmissions. The recipient further acknowledges that any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and no binding nature of the message shall be implied or assumed unless the sender does so expressly with due authority of Teamvantage, LLC.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Daniel,

I am currently working with a client that just placed an order for two new
GC-i7 machines. He customized his order with a 250GB SATAIII SSD as the
primary C: Drive, and a 600GB 10,000 RPM SATAIII as the secondary 😧 Drive.
After the physical build, I will do my usual GC Burn-in test with the
OCUS Benchmark.

I can't answer your question today, but mid way next week I will be able to
send you some OCUS numbers showing a good comparison.

Good Luck with your purchase.

Bernie Gruman
Owner / Designer / Builder
Gruman Creations
-
www.GRUMANCREATIONS.com

Top Tags