cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Problem with Printing Drawings in just Black & White

MelBeirne
1-Newbie

Problem with Printing Drawings in just Black & White

Hi All,

I'm just wondering if anyone has come across this problem, or might some tips on how to resolve it.

I just upgraded from Wildfire 3.0 to Wildfire 5.0 in late 2010, but I now have a problem just printing drw's from Proe in black and white only.

This was never an issue before in WF3, I would just hit the print button, select the paper size, and bob's your uncle, the drawing came out black and white from the printer.

However, with WF5, which I've now also updated to the most recent cut M070, this is not the case, the drawings always come out in colour.

Anyone any ideas or thoughts on this?

Thanks,
Mel

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

I am also trying to figure out how to print and export drawings in colors or layers I want in Wildfire 5.0.

So far I have only figured out how to export drawings in pdf into black and white color and the line weights I want.

Here's the thing:

In order for that to work, you need to create a *.pnt file from *txt file containing this:

! pen 1 for white (visible geometry, curve, quilts)
! pen 2 for yellow (dimension lines, leaders, axes and centerlines, balloons, x-hatching)
! pen 3 for gray (hidden geometry)
! pen 4 for red (spline surface grid)
! pen 5 for green (sheet metal color entities)
! pen 6 for cyan (sketcher section entities)
! pen 7 for dark gray (toggled sections, grayed dimensions and texts, dimmed tangent edges)
! pen 8 for blue (spline surface grid)

pen 1 thickness .05 cm; color 0 0 0
pen 2 thickness .025 cm; color 0 0 0
pen 3 pattern 0.3 0.3 cm; thickness .025 cm; color 0 0 0
pen 4 thickness .025 cm; color 0 0 0
pen 5 thickness .05 cm; color 0 0 0
pen 6 pattern 0.3 0.3 cm; thickness .025 cm; color 0 0 0
pen 7 thickness .025 cm; color 0 0 0
pen 8 thickness .025 cm; color 0 0 0

Then you need to create a line in your config.pro file:

pen_table_file <path to your *.pnt file>

Or use Tools ---> Options to add pen_table_file to your config.pro file.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hello,

I am also trying to figure out how to print and export drawings in colors or layers I want in Wildfire 5.0.

So far I have only figured out how to export drawings in pdf into black and white color and the line weights I want.

Here's the thing:

In order for that to work, you need to create a *.pnt file from *txt file containing this:

! pen 1 for white (visible geometry, curve, quilts)
! pen 2 for yellow (dimension lines, leaders, axes and centerlines, balloons, x-hatching)
! pen 3 for gray (hidden geometry)
! pen 4 for red (spline surface grid)
! pen 5 for green (sheet metal color entities)
! pen 6 for cyan (sketcher section entities)
! pen 7 for dark gray (toggled sections, grayed dimensions and texts, dimmed tangent edges)
! pen 8 for blue (spline surface grid)

pen 1 thickness .05 cm; color 0 0 0
pen 2 thickness .025 cm; color 0 0 0
pen 3 pattern 0.3 0.3 cm; thickness .025 cm; color 0 0 0
pen 4 thickness .025 cm; color 0 0 0
pen 5 thickness .05 cm; color 0 0 0
pen 6 pattern 0.3 0.3 cm; thickness .025 cm; color 0 0 0
pen 7 thickness .025 cm; color 0 0 0
pen 8 thickness .025 cm; color 0 0 0

Then you need to create a line in your config.pro file:

pen_table_file <path to your *.pnt file>

Or use Tools ---> Options to add pen_table_file to your config.pro file.

Thanks Jakub,

Tired this pen table file and it works perfectly. Had to adjust the thicknesses a little but my drawings are spot on now.

I still can't understand though what change between WF3 and WF5 to cause this problem in the first place.

Boggles the mind!

The easiest way that I have been following since WF is to change the screen display to Black on White (View --> Display settings --> System display-->Black on White) and print using DEFAULT settings. With WF5, you can print a drawing to PDF and set it to monochrome.

I desist from modifying the pen table.

Top Tags