cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Project Cosmetric

wfalco
15-Moonstone

Project Cosmetric

Welcome back!

Is it possible to "project" cosmetic text? I can use projection command to do it on to a cylinder I have. But I prefer cosmetic so I can erase easily in drawing views.

Thanks,

Wayne

Creo 3.0

4 REPLIES 4
KenFarley
21-Topaz I
(To:wfalco)

I usually use cosmetic groove to project text onto non-planar (or planar) surfaces. It's a single direction (not wrapping the text like a decal). I don't know if it is "eraseable", but maybe?

wfalco
15-Moonstone
(To:KenFarley)

Ah. Yes. This does work. Never used. It does wrap and it does erase. Only downside is...it works only in part mode. I'd prefer in assy mode. But I can always create on the part level, erase on that drawing. It will show on assembly. So it's a good choice.

Oh I forgot to mention...with projection command in assembly...using exploded...is not a good thing. It just remains in a limbo position and can't be erased. Layers would be ok - if it were not for the need to show in select views.

Thanks Ken!

Wayne

KenFarley
21-Topaz I
(To:wfalco)

Yeah, it's always bothered me that the cosmetic groove isn't an option in assembly mode, 'cause that's usually the state in which I want to mark something with its identification (i.e. electroetch of a welded assembly). I always have to put the marking on the individual part that's going to have it, then do some family table shenanigans so it only shows up in the assembly, etc.

wfalco
15-Moonstone
(To:KenFarley)

You can use just cosmetcic sketch if it's flat. My issue was because I needed to show on a cylinder. You may have lots od thos parts tho? Thanks for intoducing that feature tho to me. Always good to have another way to skin a cat.

Top Tags