cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Projected drawing views

DavidKline
1-Newbie

Projected drawing views

We've recently migrated to Creo 2 from Wildfire 4. On several occasions, I've either been creating a new drawing or revising an existing drawing from models created in Wildfire 4. As is necessary at times, drawing views need be broken to fit the model geometry onto the appropriate drawing format. Usually a general view has no issue with the "view break" process, but views that have been (or will be) projected from that broken parent view will either not show (for new drawings) or will disappear completely when revising an existing drawing.

I've tried several processes to fix this issue, but none seem to be an effective resolution. I've created a full general view then creating projected a view from that which works ok, but as soon as I break the parent view, the projected view disappears. I have created a full general view which I break before projecting the new view and the new view will not show. I've also revised a model then opened the drawing to make the appropriate drawing revision annotations and as soon as I save those revisions and/or regenerate, views that have been projected from a broken parent view disappear. I'm leaning toward drawing template stuff, but since I am basically just a user and not a Creo (nor Pro E) confgiuration type. I am at a loss. Anyone have any thoughts?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7

I wonder if anything has changed that makes the references unstable.

This is one that should be brought up to PTC Support with a support case.

I do know there were many issues with section views that have been a real bear all the way through Creo but these are suppose to be fixed by now.

PTC prides itself on upgrade compatibility. If you have some failed files from old to new, you might submit them for evaluation. This is should be a high priority response since it puts all legacy data at risk if this is common practice for your business.

Support may also have a few basic steps or techniques you can perform prior to making model changes to help preserve view associativity.

Well...it was interesting. Yesterday in discussing this with our CAD admins, I happened to mention that some other co-workers (myself included) were losing the view break lines and splines from partial sections in screen view (the lines did print). The CAD admin mentioned they had a patch to fix that. So on a hunch I let him run the patch and voila...the broken projection view issue was fixed as well. So I'm good to go and appreciate your response.

Was this patch provided from PTC through a previous service call?

If you can obtain a PTC support case reference from your IT people, this might help others.

David,

please post detailed information concerning the patch.

Thanks.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Our CAD administrator added "win32_gdi" to my config.pro. This fix was aimed at making the view break lines and partial view splines visible while working on the drawing, but (as my hunch proved to be true) fixed the broken projected view issue as well.

David,

just FYI ... graphics win32_gdi config.pro option turns OPENGL graphics off. This setting is usually used as temporary, only.

I suggest your CAD administrator to check the version of your graphics drivers (probably graphics drivers are obsolete) and install current version. Then remove graphics win32_gdi and test Creo behaviour.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Thanks Martin. I'm thinking that, since we're in the process of workstation upgrades, new machines and operating systems, that this fix is meant to be temporary, but I will pass along your thoughts!

Top Tags