cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Providing options for parameter values

browns3413
1-Newbie

Providing options for parameter values

I'm wondering if anybody has a slick method for providing a user with a predefined list of options for a STRING parameter, rather than allowing the user to add his/her own value for that parameter. For example...a string parameter called COLOR with only the values BLUE, RED, and GREEN available to pick from a drop down or otherwise.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Tom

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:browns3413)

Absolutely! It's called a restricted value parameter and it's controlled by a restricted definition file. Here is the relevant help section.

Tom U.

Tom

You want to use a restricted parameter list.

Tom,
I believe you can use MODEL CHECK to have user select a pre-defined values. If you don't want to use model check, then off the top of my head you can use custom menu with mapkeys to do the same thing.

Select TOOLS -> CUSTOMIZE SCREEN

[cid:image001.png@01CFCB82.D9906660]

Drag the NEW MENU onto your toolbar and rename it to something meaningful...Add sub-menus which calls out for the mapkey which adds the correct value for the parameter in the model.

[cid:image002.png@01CFCB82.D9906660]

I hope this helps...Good luck!

Calvin
Top Tags