cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Quality Information Framework (QIF) export from Creo Parametric

kfry
8-Gravel

Quality Information Framework (QIF) export from Creo Parametric

This is an enhancement request to support the export of QIF files from Creo Parametric.

We typically use STEP or some other type of neutral file to feed our downstream processes.  Those formats do work, but looking forward we think the QIF format may provide some additional benefits because it's XML-based.  Computers love to read XML.

As of this date, we are on Creo Parametric 4, but I still have not seen any mention of QIF export up through Creo Parametric 7.  Maybe PTC can comment if they have a plan.

Now, this may suggestion may already exist.  I did do a few different searches on PTC Community, but didn't see anything.

Thanks,

Keith

2 REPLIES 2

I likewise do not see QIF file format in the save as export menu for Creo7 nor in Creo8.  This is an ISO standard, and PTC seemed rather committed to the QIF standard based on some sessions at the 2022 user group conference this year.  What version is PTC putting this QIF export in?  Or perhaps it is already in Creo9?

"When you reward an activity, you get more of it!"
Top Tags