cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Remove the Ribbon!

gward1
1-Newbie

Remove the Ribbon!

I don't know how many of you have a grievance with the new Creo interface but we are pretty annoyed with it at our workplace. We are at WF 5.0 and the extra tabs etc in drawing mode are a pain and add extra mouse clicks. We've been on it for at least a couple of months and productivity is still not back at the level it was at when we used 4.0.

We do not feel that mimicking the Windows interface is applicable for ProEngineer. It's not PowerPoint, it's not some windows app that a high school kid can mess around with to make webpages. It's a serious engineering program and the interface should reflect that.

If you agree then we started up a petition to present to PTC. Go to:

http://apps.facebook.com/petitions/3/remove-the-ribbon/

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
gward1
1-Newbie
(To:gward1)

I appreciate the replies but maybe you could reply to the forum and not to me directly. Makes it easire to have a discussion.

... if it's not too much to ask....

gward1
1-Newbie
(To:gward1)

Sorry people but I cannot read and answer responses sent my work email. If you could just post them here it would be better.

What kind of response did you get from people on this subject. I have a number of irate users. I set some users up with Creo 1 and they are now wanting to cut my head off. Like I can make PTC change things.

Top Tags