cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Resize multiple axes in Drawing

TractorGuy
12-Amethyst

Resize multiple axes in Drawing

I have an issue that is currently driving me crazy. I have a pattern of slots and each slot has a datum axis that was created using an axis point. When I create my drawing view and show the axes, they are all sized smaller than the width of the slot as shown in the picture. I would like resize all of the axes but I end up with one of two problems:

1. I don't see any way to "snap" the axes to the same size when I resize them. This results all of the slots having a different size axis and it looks terrible.

2. If I try to resize them as a group, they all change sizes at different rates and it also looks terrible.

Anyone know how to resize a group of axes quickly so that they are all the same size?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I don't know if this will help, but maybe. You could create snap lines, offset from object (rather than view), using the edges of the slots as needed. Now, when you select an axis and move the endpoint it should snap to the line. Snap lines are invisible when printing, so you could leave them in there, too.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

I don't know if this will help, but maybe. You could create snap lines, offset from object (rather than view), using the edges of the slots as needed. Now, when you select an axis and move the endpoint it should snap to the line. Snap lines are invisible when printing, so you could leave them in there, too.

It's not the easiest way to do it, but it works

Top Tags