cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Restricted parameter list nesting

RoyCrerar
14-Alexandrite

Restricted parameter list nesting

Hi All, I have a parameter in my materials that  sets it's compatibility to one of three settings. I use this at the moment to allow the user to select compatible pigments from one of three restricted parameter lists.

this works in that it if the material is 'bio-compatible' it will uses the 'bio-compatible pigment' parameter list to populate 'pigment' parameter. and if the material is one of the other compatibility values it will pull the pigment from the corresponding list for that grade. The user unfortunately sees all three grades (lists).

Is there a way to present the user with only the list that valid for that level of compatibility? 

at the moment they can choose a value from all three lists but only one goes to the pigment parameter. I would like this to be cleaner to avoid confusion for users.

I use relations to pull the material pigment from the compatibility level.

1 REPLY 1

I am also interested in getting the ability to have cascading/filtering relationships within Creo Parameters, since Parameters become Attributes - they need the same capability
Top Tags