cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

SAVE DRAWING WHEN SAVE MODEL

cspinelli
13-Aquamarine

SAVE DRAWING WHEN SAVE MODEL

Hello everyone, i would like to know if its possible to save automatically drawing when save model. thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I would say no.

The drawing is the top level file in this scenario. That is, the drawing uses the model for its definition. It contains references to the model.

The model, on the other hand, has no such connection. It could be used in more than one drawing. It doesn't have a reference to a drawing, that I know of. The only affect a drawing has on a model is the dimensions created in the drawing are stored in the model (by default - you can change this in your configuration).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

I would say no.

The drawing is the top level file in this scenario. That is, the drawing uses the model for its definition. It contains references to the model.

The model, on the other hand, has no such connection. It could be used in more than one drawing. It doesn't have a reference to a drawing, that I know of. The only affect a drawing has on a model is the dimensions created in the drawing are stored in the model (by default - you can change this in your configuration).

Hidetaka
14-Alexandrite
(To:cspinelli)

It is possible.

You can make a mapkey to do the following:

1. Save the model.

2. Open the corresponding drawing, if the drawing has the same name as the model. 

See the discussion for that here: https://community.ptc.com/t5/3D-Part-Assembly-Design/Creo-2-0-Open-a-drawing-from-active-part/td-p/260926

3. Save the drawing.

4. Close drawing.

If you have no problems with step 2, this process is quite straightforward. 

Top Tags