cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

SIMPLIFIED REP AND MODEL SECTION

nico74
1-Newbie

SIMPLIFIED REP AND MODEL SECTION

Hi,

When I open a PVZ file created in WF3 I do not have access to the simplified rep or the model section.

If I open the productview rep from the windchill environment I do have access to all this data.

Any Idea on how to get this data when a save as to .pvz is made.

Nicolas

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nico,

PROE_WF5\text\prodview\export_pvs.rcp is recipe file used for export into PVS/PVZ

PROE_WF5\apps\prodview\recipe\proepview.pvr is Master Recipe File containing all existing options you can use in export_pvs.rcp

See also:

How To Go About Editing the Client-side Recipe Configuration Used by Creo (Parametric & Direct) and the Workgroup Managers During Custom Check-in of "Models and Viewables"

https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS21380

How to Go About Editing Client-Side Recipes for Creo Elements/Pro and the Windchill Worgroup Managers.

https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS15405

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi Nico...

Is the viewable in Windchill being made by a CAD worker (a standalone workstation tasked with making the viewables after things are checked into the Commonspace)? In many installations, the Windchill viewable is made independently of any user interaction. While you can certainly make your OWN viewables using Save As and selecting .PVZ for your output, I don't usually bother because Windchill does this for me.

Could it be that the version of ProductView or CreoView on your workstation is different than the one Windchill is using? Or perhaps you're opening it in a less-fully featured version?

Something sounds "off" but I think the prime clue is that you CAN see this data from Windchill but not in standalone Product View. Check the versions of PV and write back.

Thanks!

-Brian

Nico,

export to pvz is driven by recipe.

See PTC/Help, for example PTC_HELP_WF4/html/usascii/proe/interface/using_recipe_files_for_the_export.htm

Data Exchange > Pro/ENGINEER Interface

Using Recipe Files for the Export

Overlay recipe files are required for the data exchange between Pro/ENGINEER and ProductView, especially when Pro/ENGINEER is connected to Windchill servers. The overlay recipe files are ASCII files with a .rcp extension and specific recipe files are required for each of the following tasks:

• The export of ProductView .ed.edz
  • The export of .pvs

You can choose to provide user-defined recipe files for the data exchange. You must specify the relevant user-defined ed.rcp or pvs.rcp recipe file as the value of the intf_out_ed_recipe_file or the intf_out_pvs_recipe_file configuration option, respectively. Additionally, you must place these overlay recipe files in the directory that you specify as the value of the intf_pv_recipe_dir configuration option. If the values of these configuration options are not set, Pro/ENGINEER uses the export_ed.rcp or export_pvs.rcp overlay recipe file located at <Pro/E loadpoint>\text\prodview\ for the export to the .ed and .pvs formats. These default overlay recipe files enable the export of cables and annotations.

You can save an overlay recipe file to a new name and edit the data exchange values contained in it in the recipe editor provided to create a new overlay recipe file.

Note: Modifying the default overlay files is not recommended.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
nico74
1-Newbie
(To:nico74)

Hi Thanks for your help,

Brian, the two version of PV are exactly the same.

Martin, the recipe might be the way forward.

Can I find those recipe any where?

Nicolas

Nico,

PROE_WF5\text\prodview\export_pvs.rcp is recipe file used for export into PVS/PVZ

PROE_WF5\apps\prodview\recipe\proepview.pvr is Master Recipe File containing all existing options you can use in export_pvs.rcp

See also:

How To Go About Editing the Client-side Recipe Configuration Used by Creo (Parametric & Direct) and the Workgroup Managers During Custom Check-in of "Models and Viewables"

https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS21380

How to Go About Editing Client-Side Recipes for Creo Elements/Pro and the Windchill Worgroup Managers.

https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS15405

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Really? A "recipe" file that requires a special recipe editing tool? Egad.

Top Tags