cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

SPRING TABLE - AUTOMATIC

ArekTRI
12-Amethyst

SPRING TABLE - AUTOMATIC

Hello,

I am looking for the way how to automate the Spring Table.

What formulas or links I could use to get my table to be automated?

EDITED: How to use the file attributes and show them in the table.

Thank you,

Arek

SPRING-TABLE.png

Creo 3 user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I
(To:ArekTRI)

@ArekTRI 

I think one of the example can be a curve created by equation (helix) and equation will be as

turn = 10
x = 4 * cos (t * (turn * 360))
y = 4 * sin (t * (turn * 360))
z = 10 * t

This will create a helix and turn, x, y and z will be feature level parameters. When creating the drawing of part, use &turn:FID_##, ## is feature ID of curve in part this will display value of turn. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

@ArekTRI 

If these are feature level parameters you can call in in note or table using Feature Id's. 

Hi @Mahesh_Sharma 

Thank you for your reply.

Would you explain how to do it in detail step by step?

Thanks,

Arek

Creo 3 user
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

@ArekTRI 

I think one of the example can be a curve created by equation (helix) and equation will be as

turn = 10
x = 4 * cos (t * (turn * 360))
y = 4 * sin (t * (turn * 360))
z = 10 * t

This will create a helix and turn, x, y and z will be feature level parameters. When creating the drawing of part, use &turn:FID_##, ## is feature ID of curve in part this will display value of turn. 

Hi @Mahesh_Sharma 

Thank you.

I am not using formulas to create the spring - I am using Creo command - helical sweep.

where to get those attributes to achieve the same results?

Thank you,

Arek

Creo 3 user
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

@ArekTRI 

In that case you can have pitch as parameter and that needs to be created but not other values. 

...but, couldn't he use parameters he creates to drive the helical sweep dimensions, and simply use those parameters in the table?  For my spring model, only the overall dimension is driving, and that because as a model with predefined flexibility, to use the "measure" function at the assembly level (to show it in it's compressed state) you have to do it that way.  But then, I don't use the helical sweep command, I have my own method, but, what I mentioned should work for the OP.  I seem to remember doing a table like that on a dwg once or twice with my generic spring model, where we needed multiple spring rates, which drove the spring to be what was needed, via a table on the dwg.

I'm not exactly sure what the OP is trying to do though.

Top Tags