cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

STEP Export and Layers - Creo 4.0

dklein
4-Participant

STEP Export and Layers - Creo 4.0

I recently upgraded from 3.0 to 4.0 and the STEP export has a different interface. My assembly files always have layers that are hidden, and until now these layers were excluded when exporting to STEP. All items on hidden layers are being exported and this is creating a huge problem for the people who read in my STEP files. The result is a bunch of unwanted clutter. 

I have unsuccessfully tried to find a configuration setting for this. I've played around with the settings for "Customize Export" with no luck also. I've changed the export status to all different settings including Blank, Exclude Content, and Ignore, yet still the items are present in the STEP file. 

I need to know how to export to STEP while excluding items on hidden layers.

3 REPLIES 3
tshen
16-Pearl
(To:dklein)

Please set configuration file option intf_out_blanked_entities to no , then try to export again.

dklein
4-Participant
(To:tshen)

That was the default setting; ity was already set to "no."

Hi,

I used PTC Technical Support Search and searched for STEP export layer hidden.

I received a list of results, two of the are...

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS53119

• Follow the steps below to control the layer settings
  1. Set the config.pro option step_appearance_layers_groups to yes.
  2. Go To File > Save a Copy > file type as STEP > provide the desired name for STEP file > Customize Layers.
  3. On Choose Layers dialog box, under Export Status, get options Isolate, Show, Blank, Skip, Ignore  for all the layers of assembly. Also set config.pro option intf2d_out_blanked_layers to yes for control the blanked layers status.
  4. Choose appropriate option for each layer and then hit OK.

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS121729

Layers can be exported using AP214 or AP203 dependent on the config setting for step_appearance_layers_groups

• Set step_export_format to ap203_e2
  • Set step_appearance_layers_groups to yes
Or
  • Set step_export_format to ap214_is
  • Set step_appearance_layers_groups to no

I did not test any of these solutions...

Martin Hanák
Top Tags