cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

STL parameter setting about angle control

QUANHONG
4-Participant

STL parameter setting about angle control

Hello, everyone.  I would like to ask about the angle control will affect the generation of the triangle mesh?
it is between 0~1, and it's default value 0.5. I can't see the obvious difference between value. Can someone tell me the impact of its parameters?

3 REPLIES 3

@QUANHONG 

Value of "Angle control" controls the amount of additional improvement provided along curves with small radii. An angle control value of 1.0 provides maximum curvature improvement, whereas an angle control value of 0.0 provides no additional improvement.

Would you mind drawing a simple picture to show what you are describing?when value is 0、0.5 、1
I want to know the physical meaning of it. If it is too trouble, can you post the reference link or other reference papers, journals, etc. that you recommend?

thanks you for your help

@QUANHONG 

I think attached picture will help (Left is for 0.5 and right one is 1 Angle control) OR you can create a part with round and export to STL with three different angle control values (with same Chord Height). 

AC_STL.jpg

Top Tags