cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scale Dimension Arrows

Highlighted
Level 1

Scale Dimension Arrows

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to scale dimension arrows on a view? I have a drawing that is 20:1 of a very small screw. I need to create a view at 1:1 on one of the sheets but the arrorws are way too big. See below...

arrow.jpg

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Scale Dimension Arrows

You set arrow parameters in the detail config file. Unfortunately, it acts on all arrows. The only real option would be to create a symbol and use it in place of the arrows.

draw_arrow_length draw_arrow_width

Default width is .0625" and length is .1875".

View arrows are treated separately.

Isn't there a rule saying that the structure of all dims should be the same through the drawing?

You can set up drawing settings using a *.dtl file. See the following vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PEVWfUOVKc

Yes there is. Rule or not, it made coding simple

From a drafting standard standpoint, it is logical. You want everything to be clear on your 1:1 plot. That is where ANSI Y14.41 comes in... now you have a dynamic "sheet". All other early adoptions strive for "consistency" throughout the drawing.

What the original post is seeking is to use what would typically be a 1:1 "template" of the part. I might change the arrow style to slash or something less obtrusive.

Ah, right.

Dots should be used instead of arrows at this case then, or detail views if the 1:1 is required.

So this is more like technical drawing lesson.