cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Selecting a component in the drawing view does not highlight BOM table record.

wbottis
12-Amethyst

Selecting a component in the drawing view does not highlight BOM table record.

CREO 5

Hello, the help menu in Creo 5 says that after clicking on an item in the drawing view, the corresponding item in the BOM table (aka repeat region) will highlight and vice versa.  I remember this was the case in the past, but I am no longer seeing this.  Is this now a setting that must be enabled?

Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I
(To:wbottis)

@wbottis

Can you share the link of help about the same? 

Selecting and Highlighting BOM Balloons

When you select a BOM balloon, its parent line in the table region is highlighted. If the BOM balloon is one of a multiple quantity, the other balloons for the same component are also highlighted. You can also select lines in the table region to highlight the associated BOM balloons.

http://support.ptc.com/help/creo/creo_pma/usascii/index.html#page/detail/About_BOM_Balloons.html

kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:wbottis)

I have never noticed that selecting a component on a drawing will highlight the line in the BOM.  As the help topic says, selecting a BOM balloon will highlight the row and any other balloons for the same item (CREO 4).  Selecting a part or subassembly, in the drawing or the Model Tree, does not highlight the row or the balloon, only the item on the drawing.

There is always more to learn in Creo.
wbottis
12-Amethyst
(To:kdirth)

I'm not sure if you're trying to make a point here.  Clicking on a smart balloon does not highlight the corresponding part in the BOM table or vice versa in Creo 5.  Why are the CREO developers removing capabilities and neglecting to fix fundamental problems with this software?  What is going on with these people?  It's like the Twilight Zone.

@wbottis wrote:

I'm not sure if you're trying to make a point here.  Clicking on a smart balloon does not highlight the corresponding part in the BOM table or vice versa in Creo 5.  Why are the CREO developers removing capabilities and neglecting to fix fundamental problems with this software?  What is going on with these people?  It's like the Twilight Zone.

Hi,

I tested your problem in Creo 5.0.5.0. I created simple test assembly -AND- its drawing containing 1 view + 1 repeat region table. Selection&highlite functionality works well. If I select table cell -> Creo highlights appropriate BOM balloon. If I select BOM balloon -> Creo highlights appropriate table cell.

Note: Selection highlite works, because repeat region table is linked with displayed BOM balloons. If you add another repeat region table the selection highlite will not work.

Martin Hanák

Yes, it appears you are correct.  I don't know what the exact root cause was as to why it wasn't working before.  I toggled the background colors from custom to default and the highlighting feature became visible whereas it was not visible before, so that could be the reason.  Also, it appears to work if I have more than one BOM table in the drawing.  It could be one of the many "jiggle the handle" quirks in Creo that re-enabled this feature...

In my case the highlighting color is not that good. I cant easily identify the highlighted row in table.
Any option to change the highlighting color.?

Top Tags