cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Sending PDF's from Creo View

ptc-129898
1-Newbie

Sending PDF's from Creo View

How can I set Creo View to send a pdf instead of a pvz file? Our publisher is set to create pdf's. When you view them in Creo and want to email them to a vendor or dealer, it wants to send a pvz file instead of a pdf.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
9 REPLIES 9

I think these settings in the Creo View does not exist.

Ok. I was hoping there was a hidden config option for this. Thanks for your response.

For this uncommon qusetion, you can try some open source site, you may get enough pdf info.

I actually could not understand well, but I think your requirement is to create a pdf file from creo view express. If so, you can do so through printing option if you have adobe PDF printer software installed in you machine, though the option you are looking for in Creo View is not there but this is an alternative way.

Hi Darin,

do mean 2D or 3D PDF?

In case you mean 2D PDF and Creo View is trying to send a pvz of a drawing, there is a bug inside the configuration.

Regards,

Joerg

Hey Joerg,

I'm just mean 2D pdf's of drawings. For example, our service technicians may need to send a dealer an assembly drawing. Creo View is displaying a pdf, so when they select file, send, send representation by email... they are expecting it to send a pdf. However it attaches a pvz. I think it is a configuration bug or something that they forgot to put a setting for on the options page... Thanks for the reply! Darin

dhermosillo
14-Alexandrite
(To:ptc-129898)

Creo view cannot make pdf files yet, but if you vote up my idea, PTC may add the functionality in the future:

http://communities.ptc.com/ideas/2437

In PTC Creo 2, go to Save As - Save a Copy and you can choose PDF or PDF U3D. The PDF's come out great. I used PDF U3D on an assembly with no problem. If need be, you can crop the PDF created.

Top Tags