cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Sequential view labels in Annotation

TimCarter
1-Newbie

Sequential view labels in Annotation

After creating a 3D model, then switching to Annotation to create the dimensioned 2D drawing, I laid out the views like I thought I wanted them on the sheet. However, after trying several views, none of which really suited me, I decided to just open a new drawing and start over. The problem is, as I soon found, was that the view labels (i.e. Front 1) did not reset numerically. In other words, every time I would open a new drawing and place a view on the sheet, the number would be incremented. I would expect that if I placed more of the same views on the same drawing. However, this was not the real problem, since I usually set the view label to "No Label" anyway, in most cases. The real problem was when I tried to place a Section of one of the views on the page. Instead of starting with "A", it would label the first section as "B", the next as "C", and so on. Why is this when I opened a new drawing each time. It even warns you that your current drawing will be destroyed, but apparently something is being remembered.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Hi Tim !

When creating Views in Annotation, the CAD adds this information onto the 3D model.

Look at the 3D model: now it has got a plus sign.

Click the plus and you can see this view-set including the views front-1, section A-A, etc.

After deleting a 2D-drawing you must go the 3D side and delete the complete view-set too (right click -> delete).

If you tried several times as you wrote, there are several view-sets at your model now.

All can be deleted and after making a new drawing in Annotation the numbers start at 1 again.

---------------------
SolidDesigner-20.5 + PE8 + PhoenixPDM + Solidworks + Blender

There is an easier way to start over while you are in Annotation.

Open the Drawing dialog box.

In the "Modify Drawing" section, select "Reset". Reset will remove the current drawing and it's related viewset.

Top Tags