cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Set Datums

rbrown-4
1-Newbie

Set Datums

I am currently using creo 5. Previous version was 3 (M100). I used to have the ability to assign a set datum to a dimension. That functionality seems to have been moved or deleted. How can it be done in creo 5?

3 REPLIES 3
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:rbrown-4)

I'm not using Creo 5 but I remember from the sneak peek that there were significant differences.

Does this screenshot help?

dfs.jpg

pabhyankar
6-Contributor
(To:StephenW)

hello ,

We are also facing  the same problem  ,since in creo 2 we have assign annotation on cylindrical surface and in drawing we have option to set datum on either dimension or gtolerance,but when we are opening the part in creo4 we are not getting that option available to set the datum to dimension or geometric tolerance. 

find image for reference . In creo 4 even not getting properties option on right click of datum

if any one has solution regarding the same kindly help to resolve the issue.

thanks in advance

AP

Capture_creo2.JPGCapture_creo4.JPG

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:pabhyankar)

This has been removed in Creo 4 and replaced with a completely different workflow.  Take a look at this article and the corresponding YouTube video:

You may also want to view this video:

MBD workflow and enhancements, including video demonstration, in Creo Parametric 4.0. For more inforamtion refer to https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS271565.
Top Tags