Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting a datum to an external thread

Has anybody successfully done this? I have an external thread which I want as my Datum -A-. Pro/e doesn't allow you set a datum to a note. Options are free, in gtol, in dimension, on geometry. Please help.
6 REPLIES 6

RE: Setting a datum to an external thread

Datums are not supposed to be notes, they are features. One thing is if want a note with a box, then use @[-A-@]. While not perfect it would give you the look on your drawing. This would simulate the datum look. Otherwise you would have to pick the axis as the datum.

Hi Eric, You can add a datum to your note, just add this to your note &dtm_A (where A is the datum name)

RE: Setting a datum to an external thread

Yes, the datum is actually the axis through the pitch cylinder of the thread. My issue is I can't tag the note to indicate that as the GD&T standards tell you to. The box in the note trick works but there is no "jackstand" tagging the box to the leader line so its not perfect but it may have to do... I tried the &dtm_A and that's exactly what was in the note....no datum symbol. Any other suggestions? Thanks for the help!

symbol

All, I ended up creating a custum symbol to make it look right.

Re: Setting a datum to an external thread

This is extraordinarly annoying.

A simple thing like adding a datum to a thread simply isn't available? My gosh this is a very common feature. I am fairly new to Creo 2.0 and simply amazed about the lack of some basic functionality.

Re: Setting a datum to an external thread

This is why I use symbol datum tags too