cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Shaded Views in PDFs

dgschaefer
21-Topaz II

Shaded Views in PDFs

Creo 2 M120

I’ve used postscript files with Adobe Distiller for a long time to create PDFs from Proe and now Creo.  I’ve got a set of mapkeys & batch files that generate the PS file and then process it into a PDF, using a specific printer config file (PCF).

My PCF sets all lines to be black, but in WF4 the shaded views would still come out in color.  In Creo they come out black and white. 

How do I get my lines in black but my shaded views in color?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Got it!

A search of the PTC KB actually produced and answer (and beat both the exploder and the PTC Community).  Take a look at this:

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS103369

There’s now a color postscript option for printing in addition to plain postscript.  What that doc doesn’t tell you, however, is that in order to specify it in a PCF file you need this line:

plotter colorpostsc

Thanks!

--
LinkedIn

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Got it!

A search of the PTC KB actually produced and answer (and beat both the exploder and the PTC Community).  Take a look at this:

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS103369

There’s now a color postscript option for printing in addition to plain postscript.  What that doc doesn’t tell you, however, is that in order to specify it in a PCF file you need this line:

plotter colorpostsc

Thanks!

--
LinkedIn

I ran into this also purely by accident during another discussion.

For my production work I use the save-as>export>PDF dialog.

I added the black color to the line weights in the pen table.

That way I can have it print color images but the linework is all black regardless.

Top Tags