cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Shaded views overlapping

nhanratty
2-Guest

Shaded views overlapping

Hi all

I'm guessing this has been asked before but it there a way of preventing shaded views from overlapping each other on a drawing? See attched image.

We've tried changing the views to partial views and redrawing their 'boundaries' but it didn't make any difference.

Any ideas anybody?

Creo 2.0 m120

Regards,

Neal

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

I have no problems with multiple shaded views like you're showing, even when I try to force it.

That doesn't look like a view. It looks like a gif or jpeg or something pasted into the drawing. That definitely could cause the overlap problem you're showing.

In Reply to Neal Hanratty:

All

Sorry I should have qualified this a bit more...the image I attachedis from a PDF generated from Creo, not the native Creo drawing file.

Thank to Donald for reminding me off that point.

So is there anything in the export to PDF optionsthat would help this?

Thanks again to all.

Regards,

Neal

Hi all

I'm guessing this has been asked before but it there a way of preventing shaded views from overlapping each other on a drawing? See attched image.

We've tried changing the views to partial views and redrawing their 'boundaries' but it didn't make any difference.

Any ideas anybody?

Creo 2.0 m120

Regards,

Neal

I like to think that creating a parital view would help - closely outline the geometry so that there is no overlap, but I'll bet that that's not going to help with the irregular nature of the images and the desparate need for rectangles that bitmaps usually have.

You might be able to salvage this in Adobe Illustrator; I'm pretty sure the eclipsed portions are still in the file. You would just removed the white backdrop that PTC put on each image and convert it to transparent.

Alternatively, erase selected views and create the output, then use Illustrator or Photoshop or some other program to re-integrate without the white background.

According to http://www.mcadcentral.com/creo-drawing/16784-shaded-view-s-ouline-overlapping-views-2.html it's been a problem, but is fixed in Creo.

x

Sorry, I missed the Creo 2 notation.

How are you creating the PDF - directly from PTC or using an external program to distill a Postscript file?

x

Top Tags