cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Shared dtl file

John.Pryal
12-Amethyst

Shared dtl file

Hi all,

i have 2 drawings that have the same drawing detail file, but appear to behave differently when detailing the drawing, particulary with regards to dual dimensioning. I have compared all the drawing options for both drawings & they are indentical & so i cannot under why my dimensions look different on both drawings. Is there a way of copying the drawing options from one drawing to another, to unsure they are the same.

Regards

John

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

You can export from one and import to the other.

It could be that there is a difference in the config.pro settings for each master part.

Can you post a picture of the variation?

DTL_copy-paste.JPG

Dual dimensioning is a frequent headache. If you can post a picture of the variance as Antonius suggested, I'm sure we can get you back on track.

For some of the DTL options, you need to recreate a dimension before you'll pick up the new settings. For others, a simply draft regeneration will update the drawing. I'm not sure which options update immediately and which ones are static (meaning you need to recreate the dimension before you see a change).

Thanks!

-Brian

Thank you guys for the replies. You are right Brian, dual dimensioning is a pain in the backside, thankfully, i am very rarely called upon to do it, which is why i struggle a bit trying to remember which options do what. Anyway, i figured things out my end, mostly by recreating the dimensions as you described Brian.

Kind Regards

John

Top Tags