cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Shetmetal flat pattern on a drawing

akok
11-Garnet

Shetmetal flat pattern on a drawing

Hi all
I have on the drawing the flat pattern of a sheetmetal part, for the laser cutter.
Is it when possible to automate the process putting it on the drawing?
Here I mean by a mapkey on Jlink, my problem is to orient the part so it is laying on it's flat side, nevermind how it look like.

I was looking for how to make a saved view who allways are updated to the flat.
Can anyone help?

Allan

5 REPLIES 5
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I
(To:akok)

@akok 

One of the possible options is to have mapkey which will create flat state of part and create orientation with specific name.. for that flat state. Have a drawing view in template for orientation created in part. Or have a mapkey to create name drawing view and use geometry references for orientation.  

@Mahesh_Sharma 

That was my thought too, but I was stranded by how to create orientation. How do I turn the flat so it is flat?

mcestnik
13-Aquamarine

akok
11-Garnet
(To:mcestnik)

@mcestnik 

Thank you for input. I see one problem with your mapkey, it is the user needs to select the flat surface. And will the view be updated, when the part change?

In future I will like to do the job in Jlink if possible.

mcestnik
13-Aquamarine

This mapkey is intended to use for direct export from 3D model to DXF (drawing is not saved).
Probably some modifications in mapkey could do the trick to get the functionality you need.

Top Tags