cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Show dual dimensions in a drawing table

DennisRehmer
8-Gravel

Show dual dimensions in a drawing table

if "fam.inst.param.value" != "0"
$convert = "fam.inst.param.value" * 25.4
errorInvalid data type combination at right side of expression
endif

If I add in the relation as shown in this link, i get this message.

If fam_inst_param_value<>0
errorInvalid symbol 'fam_inst_param_value' found.
convert=fam_inst_param_value*25.4
Endif

Any help would be appreciated. I am using Creo 3.0.

7 REPLIES 7

Hi,

please create and upload example FT model + its drawing.

Martin Hanák

Please find a small example of a part that is family table driven, and is dual dimension on the drawing.

Looking to see how to get dual dimension displayed in the table.

Thanks.

Dennis

try this:

In your part file generic create a relation of MM_Width = A*25.4

Then add a user parameter to your family table of MM_Width

This should pull the value of MM_width from the model for each instance.

Thank you for the response. My concern is that this was a simple example, but there could be situations where we have numerous values that are FT driven. Keeping the MM column after the INCH might not always line up properly. What I am looking for, and in many suggested ideas this was given, was to have them BOTH in the same box on the drawing. I have attached an image showing for the PLATE-DR-4HOLES, the "A" dimension of what I am looking to do. In this example i just added in the MM value under the INCH value to show what I want for my result.

Dennis

Looking to see if anyone has a solution that will work.

Dennis

Take the MM_width parameter and put it in the same cell as the inch width, so the cell has 2 lines.

I use 2 lines in a cell for my description column in BOM tables, so it should work for any repeat region table.

Ben, could you post screenshots of process you use to get two different values to show up in the same cell?  I can add the 2nd report parameter into the cell properties, I'm not sure how to set the 2nd value to the use the MM parameter relation.

Top Tags