cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Show or hide a symbol based on a parameter value

Chris_Johnson
12-Amethyst

Show or hide a symbol based on a parameter value

I'm sure that this should be possible but I can't work out how. I want to show or hide a drawing note symbol, e.g. "Unreleased data, do not manufacture!", based on the value of a parameter in creo, which will have been propagated from Windchill.

Can anyone help me work out how to do this please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It is possible to do this using the Drawing Program by defining the state and then writing a program to set that state if a certain condition is met.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

We do this utilizing the drawing functionality in Creo.

Not the easiest to setup (what part of Creo is!) but changing parameters will change the symbols. It is done by hiding and enabling layers, which is where the complexity of setup exists.

It is possible to do this using the Drawing Program by defining the state and then writing a program to set that state if a certain condition is met.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:manjunathrv)

Yes, that is how we switch drawing classification markings.

It is driven from a parameter we call Classification, which has different values.

The drawing program sets a state based on the value of Classification.

The state will then blank or show a layer that has the appropriate markings for that classification.

This is great, thank you. I've found the entry in the help files now on how to do this. I'll give it a go and see how I get on.

Link to help file entry

Top Tags