cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Simple measure question

pimm
14-Alexandrite

Simple measure question

I am building a model from scratch based off a customer model.

I need to know what the radii values are so I can best duplicate sizes.

The measure tool is not recognizing the customer radii as a diameter type dimension.

Besides intersecting a plane with the model and finding the value in a sketch is there a way of easily determining what the radii feature's size is?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
RaphMORIN
13-Aquamarine
(To:pimm)

Hello,

This happens to me sometimes, usually I draw a sketch on the part to determine what's the dimension of the diameter.

pimm
14-Alexandrite
(To:RaphMORIN)

Raphael,

This works in some instances but there are some times where the geometry is at a very odd tilt.

To develop a strange tilted plane to get a sketch that you can approximate a radii is a lot of work to go through to get a radii is an awful lot of work to get a radii value.

I'm hoping there is a quicker way to get this value.

In our other CAD system we can get this measurement by selecting 2 end points and a middle point.

RadiiMeasure.JPG

pimm
14-Alexandrite
(To:pimm)

Thank you Steve!

I didn't realize there was a drop down that had the radii option.

I thought the diameter option under the summary tab was the only choice.

Top Tags