cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Simplified Rep

nico74
1-Newbie

Simplified Rep

Hi All,

I'm using WF3 and product view lite.

I have some model were the simplified rep are shown in product view in the model column.

I've recently tried to export newer model and I can't see any simplified rep.

I must forgot to tick a box somewhere.

Any help would be appreciated.

Nicolas

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Not sure about WF3 and productview lite but have the same problem in Creo to Creoview not showing simplified reps. Tried editing receipt file and adding config.pro options for export but by default it already included simplified reps so it should work. Exported from Master rep of course. I wonder if PTC is playing games with which version of Creoview they are giving this capability to. Perhaps we need more $$$ for MCAD Creoview to view simplified reps in Creoview now???

Let me know if you figured it out and Ill do the same.

Thanks!

Gil

BillRyan
15-Moonstone
(To:ptc-4130955)

Gil,

Can you attach a screensheet of the simplified rep View manager in Creo showing the model tree structure and how you are applying conditions to each lower level object? There are limitations for the publisher that you may not be aware of.

There are simplified reps of the lower levels that are subsituted within the upper level simplified reps. Is there documentation somewhere that would discribe these limitations and if there is a work around? Note I dont have access to the knowlegde base so links to that won't work for me.

BillRyan
15-Moonstone
(To:ptc-4130955)

I've been working with PTC to get this designed in for 3 years! I bring this up when I present at the Technical committee meetings and even in my session presentation at PTC live global. Last year I was told we were the only customer asking for it...In January of this year I heard there are more customers. I'm patiently waiting for the Model Based Definition(MBD) group to start complaining about this design gap, because they depend so heavily on the view manager in Parametric to generate the views necessary out of the publisher.

There are two product ideas associated with it...vote for both of them.

http://communities.ptc.com/ideas/2548

http://communities.ptc.com/ideas/2030

(Note: if the links don't work, copy and paste the text shown into a browser...this site does not like IE9!)

Below is the current supported functionality of simplfied reps the WC publisher can manage per CS20639 updated on Oct of 2013. I'm specifically asking for the user defined reps, which is what I interpret your requirement to be. We are publishing the assembly structure as positioning assemblies, so it would need to work with this type of publish also.

Capture.JPG

Top Tags