cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Simplified representation

ng-2
5-Regular Member

Simplified representation

Hello everyone

I have one quary that suppose i have a part and its drawing is already available to me, now in part if i create simplified representation and i want to change the representation of the views of already created drawing it is not happening, the simplified representation option is showing in disable mode. is there any option to make it enable in already placed views....

regards

nimish

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:ng-2)

From the help center:

Using the Drawing Models menu, you can create assembly and part views using simplified representations. You must specify the simplified representation before adding a view. You can add multiple views of an assembly or a part, each of a different representation, to a drawing.

When working with part drawings, the simplified rep must be set in the drawing models menu before you create the view.

There is always more to learn in Creo.
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I
(To:kdirth)

Nimesh,

Check the article at https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS38390

Currently Simp rep will remain inactive in part drawing, however it may enhance in Creo 4.0.

ng-2
5-Regular Member
(To:kdirth)

it means after placing views in drawing i cannot change the representation of the model in drawing

Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

Yes, after placing views in part drawing, rep cannot change.

Kevin
10-Marble

‌In the past this option was called Assembly Simplified Rep. Although the description has changed the functionality has not. The option currently is only used to change assembly simplified reps.

Top Tags