cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Sketcher IM Weak Dims

kdemont
1-Newbie

Sketcher IM Weak Dims

I like the intent manager except when it gets in the way of my adding the dimensions/constraints that I want to use. This does happen, but not too often.

Regarding weak dimensions and constraints, I will let some of the constraints stay if they are what I would add, but when it comes to dimensions, I just keep adding them until all the weak ones go away. Even when that means adding my own dimension that is identical to a weak one that appeared automatically.

Why do I replace all the dimensions, but only some of the constraints? Not sure really, perhaps because it's so easy, or perhaps for some reason automatic contraints are not always weak. Does anyone know why that is?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Because it eliminates nasty surprises later on. At least that's why I
always add them. I keep dimensioning until there's no gray left.

Ken Sauter
DRS Reconnaissance Surveillance and Target Acquisition
Infrared Technologies Division
PO Box 740188
Dallas, TX 75374
214-860-6826
- <">mailto:->

I meant does anyone know why some constraints come in as strong automatically.
These are the ones that don't like to be overridden and can make the intent manager difficult.
This is really my only complaint with the intent manager.

That's Proe telling you how to design things.

Ken Sauter
DRS Reconnaissance Surveillance and Target Acquisition
Infrared Technologies Division
PO Box 740188
Dallas, TX 75374
214-860-6826
- <">mailto:->
Top Tags