cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Sketching dimensions adding and deleting in Creo parametric 4

schr13
1-Newbie

Sketching dimensions adding and deleting in Creo parametric 4

Whenever I complete a stretch outline and the automatic dimensions snap on, I am unable to delete or add any dimensions. I would like to be able to dimension different portions of the sketch other than changing the automatically added dimensions. In Options - Sketcher, I have been playing with the different settings to try and allow sketch dimension editing but can't seem to figure out the right setting. Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:schr13)

Creo always needs a fully constrained/fully dimensioned sketch. They way it accomplishes this is by adding "weak" dimensions and constraints.

The typical way to handle this is to simply add new dimensions to the sketch. The weak dimensions/constraints will autmagically start disappearing. 

Generally, a good practice is to eliminate all weak dimensions/constraints so you aren't allow the software to control the geometry in some unexpected way.

Right now it will not allow me to add dimensions either. I’m not sure what
changed in my settings since I’ve been able to before.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:schr13)

Is it just this one sketch in this one part or is it any sketch in any part or assembly?

Can you share a screenshot? Maybe that will tell us something.

I've never seen it not let you re-dimension so I'm grasping at straws.

Top Tags