cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Slant dimension for Creo 3.0 M120

Ketan_Lalcheta
19-Tanzanite

Slant dimension for Creo 3.0 M120

Hello

We are using Creo 3.0 M120. Few users are facing creo crash issue for drawing file once slant dimension is provided.

Has anyone faced this issue?

Thanks and Regards

Ketan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

I put the traceback through the analysis tool and it did link to an existing Crash ID.  The Crash ID has a few SPRs associated with it.

• Creo crashes when selecting 3 draft entities using the CTRL button, after the Edit Attachment operation
    • SPR is still open and being worked on
  • Creo Parametric 3.0 exits while switching to Tangent reference selection during Edit Attachment of tangent-tangent linear dimension
  • Creo Parametric 3.0 exits when editing attachment of a drawing dimension
    • SPR has been fixed in Creo Parametric 3.0 M100

So it appears that the exit is occuring during the Edit Attachment operation, in the drawing.  Please see if you can update to M100 or later, and verify if that improves the performance/stability.

Thanks,

Amit

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

If it's an exit you can reproduce consistently, I would suggest opening a support case.  If you can, upload the traceback.log file, here.  I can try to put it through the analysis tool, and see if it provides any information.

Please find attached file and see whether you can get some useful information.

Hello,

I put the traceback through the analysis tool and it did link to an existing Crash ID.  The Crash ID has a few SPRs associated with it.

• Creo crashes when selecting 3 draft entities using the CTRL button, after the Edit Attachment operation
  • Creo Parametric 3.0 exits while switching to Tangent reference selection during Edit Attachment of tangent-tangent linear dimension
  • Creo Parametric 3.0 exits when editing attachment of a drawing dimension
    • SPR has been fixed in Creo Parametric 3.0 M100

So it appears that the exit is occuring during the Edit Attachment operation, in the drawing.  Please see if you can update to M100 or later, and verify if that improves the performance/stability.

Thanks,

Amit

Amit; the OP preported the error on C3-M120

I have used very early Creo 3.0 releases and have not experienced this.

I am on Creo 2.0 M040 because it is stable. 

Something in later releases of Creo 2.0 became more unstable.

Sounds like there is no stable version of Creo 3 which probably means that Creo 4 is also full of landmines.

Is this analysis tool available to all users? I found this of great help. I know that user was switching to Tangent reference selection.

Thanks and Regards

Ketan

Hi,

if some users can create slanted dimensions and other not, then the problem could be related to graphic card driver, too.

Ask users to use config.pro option graphics win32_gdi to test graphic card driver influence.

Martin Hanák

It's crashing for few users only. It's not reproducible also. Same operations not crashes Creo on same drawing also.

Any idea of this perticular issue?

Thanks and Regards

Ketan

Top Tags