cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Some questions about simplified reps

dgallup
4-Participant

Some questions about simplified reps

Using WF4. I've always used family tables to control assembly variation but awhile back I made an assembly which uses simplified reps. Everything was fine but now I need to make some changes and it is kicking my butt.

I have an assembly which has several simplified reps. I want to delete one of them which I don't need. I have 2 drawings open with different simplified reps in their views. I swear neither of them has a view of the rep I want to delete. I've gone to every view and checked which rep is set in the view state. However, in assembly mode when I try to delete the rep it tells me "Cannot delete Simplified Representation referenced by a drawing in memory". How can I tell which drawing? Info/Session Info lists models but not reps.

I also am trying to show or move some part dimensions in a drawing view of an assembly simplified rep. It will not let me move dimensions from one view to another (same rep) and it will not let me show any part dimensions. The drawing was created with simplified reps, I have copied the drawing and changed the rep in all the views. Obviously, I was able to show the dimensions once but I can't do it now.

PTC quality philosophy: We've upped our quality standards. Up yours.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Try here:
[cid:image001.png@01CEAF9D.6CFE1440]
Joe Thelen
WF5 m170
dgallup
4-Participant
(To:dgallup)

Remove rep is grayed out in both drawings so there is only one rep in each, I have queried every view as well and none of them have the rep I want to delete. I suppose I can let that rep live, it's just unneeded.

The bigger problem is not being able to move & show dimensions. I made sure the view is the active model, then picked show dimensions by part and view. I pick the part I want to show the dimensions but I just get the message "Select a part please". I am picking a part!!!!!!!!!!

Regards
David R Gallup
Design Engineer
BillRyan
15-Moonstone
(To:dgallup)

I had a user the other day try to delete a new instance of a family table out of his workspace, but was prevented because WC said the instance was used in the drawing. The drawing did not use his instance...the solution for him was to update his drawing views. After updating the views, the new instance was able to be deleted...maybe the same can be done with the drawings using the simplified reps from the assembly?

Bill Ryan

Peterbilt Motors Company

Top Tags