cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Table Export WITHOUT Version Extension

JonS.
2-Guest

Table Export WITHOUT Version Extension

Just wondering if anyone is aware of a setting or option that will allow for the ability to export a table, say as a .CSV file (or export any file for that matter) and not have the file version number appended to the file name.

I often export BOM tables as CSV files to send to non-Creo users and am constantly struggling with the version suffix. For example, when I export a table it will be saved as:

*filename*.csv.1 OR *filename*.txt.1

Subsequent exports simply increase the version number and do not overwrite the original exports.

This is particularly frustrating because the ".1" extension causes the export to be associated with Creo, and NOT with a text editor. It also prevents other programs from showing the file when filtering for .txt or .csv extensions in their File Open dialog boxes.

I understand the reasoning for the versioning process WITHIN creo, but once a file is "exported", the versioning should be optional.

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated!!

Thanks!

-Jon

Design Engineer

Medical Devices

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:JonS.)

HA! Thanks David. I've got to get better at searching these discussion forums - I tried for 20 minutes without a hit.

And I like your witty response. Made me laugh.

Unfortunately, it sounds like the short answer is no. As in, "No, it's not possible."

Also unfortunate, is the fact that I work for a large corporate company with a very large corporate IT department that loves controlling what I can and can not install on my machine. I'll look into the AutoIT solution (I was thinking along those lines earlier) but I don't know that the legwork to get "approval" for it is worth the effort.

-Jon

Top Tags