cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Table from a file

Ketan_Lalcheta
19-Tanzanite

Table from a file

Does anyone come across a issue of BOM table not proper into drawing file?

I have created my own BOM table file [.tbl] for all the four columns having user defined parameters as repeat region. When I tried to use the same tbl file for a specific drawing file; I am surprised to see BOM table having only one entry into it with quantity as summation of all parts.

Unfortunately, I will not be able to share drawing file but I can share tbl file if any one is required to go through same.

Regards

Ketan

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
35 REPLIES 35

Ketan,

For a start, be sure that your parameters are defined in each of your components of the assembly.

See if that is the issue, it is a major cause for us with legacy parts on our newer BOM tables.

The next item would be your BOM relations are passing the information from the default designations to your new BOM column designations.

ie: rpt_rel_new_name=asm_mbr_name

Ron

Hi Ron,

I don't think parameters to be present into each Parts.. Could you please suggest how to share something in attachment on community? I will share BOM table format file and reference drawing on which it is working without parameters being present into each parts.

Regards

Ketan

Below are the four different columns repeat region into my table:

CAD_SAP_PLM_IDX

CAD_SAP_PLM_DESC

CAD_SAP_PLM_QTY

CAD_SAP_PLM_PRT_NO

In relation, I have set below:

CAD_SAP_PLM_IDX = rpt_index

CAD_SAP_PLM_DESC = asm_mbr_ptc_common_name

CAD_SAP_PLM_QTY = rpt_qty

CAD_SAP_PLM_PRT_NO = asm_mbr_name

And Ron, I am surprised to see that as soon as I added additional column into BOM table with asm_mbr_name, It worked for the drawing having problem..

Could you please help me to understand importance of the same?

when you remove the column "asm_mbr_name"  do you still see your data for the problem child?

Also check your BOM simplified representation.

----

Set following:

- Region attributes --- No duplicates --- flat --- Bln By Part

- Repeat region filter --- no filter

----

Together with Ron St.Pierre notes it should work.

Milan

Do you have multiple models added to the drawing? Maybe when you added the table a part or assembly with only one item was the active model?

Yes, I do have multiple models into drawing. No, No part or assembly was open when I added BOM table into drawing file..

Just to be clear, its not which one is open, its which one is active.When you add a repeat region it uses the active model. The active model is shown in the lower left corner of the screen (see below).

Capture.PNG

Sorry, I misunderstood you. I thought you are talking about some parts of active model are open in creo.

What ever you mentioned in above snap has been taken care by me... To conclude, Active model has 35 parts but I am getting only one part into BOM table.

And the model that has 35 parts is the same one that was showing up next to the word "NAME:" when you placed it into the drawing? IE if your assembly with 35 parts is called ABC123.asm then when you place the table into the drawing you need ABC123 to show up next to the "NAME:" in the above picture in order for the repeat region to work correctly.

If you click the repeat region button and then the Model/Rep menu in the message area it should say:

"Currently driven by ABC123.ASM - Master Rep"

Confirm that the repeat region is being driven by the model / rep you want.

Confirm.. Repeat region is driven by proper part...when I used table --> bom description down ( it means creo default Bom), I m getting 35 parts...but, when I do table from file, I m getting only one part...

Are your table relations in your table? Might try it on a different drawing as a test.

Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:StephenW)

Also check your filters. Maybe you have a filter rule that is filtering everything out for this sub-assembly.

Or if you upload it, I'll try your table on one of my drawings.

There is no filter in my table..and yes, there are relations set into repeat region I.e. bom table I m using....

I have tested this table for other  3 drawing files and table is perfect...I think there is something in a drawing file I m referring... But could not guess what could be...any suggestion is much appreciated....

I am not able to share DAT specific drawing file...

But I can share tbl file here if someone guide me wid how to upload smthing as attachment in community thread...

I m in India and hence out of office...so, want be able to share file now but I will be able to share it by tomorrow morning

when you reply, select the "use advanced editor" in the upper right corner of this box.

when you change to the new box, in the lower right, there will be "attach"

select this, maneuver to your file, select it, then upload.

Thanks ron... I will upload table tomorrow morning...

Attached is the table file I am using for BOM...

Try making a test drawing with that same assembly and add the table to that drawing. If it works in the new drawing, it has something to do with the original drawing or the way you added the table.

Sure Stephen, I will give a try tomorrow morning...just a quick question, in current drawing, I have more than one assembly...do I need to add all of them to have actual test of the issue to come to a conclusion that drawing I have now is having some issue..do I need to insert all views in new drw file same like what I have in existing drw file??

For testing, it's best to just have one. When you add the table, it associates the table to the current active model at that time. Having only one assembly eliminates the possibility that you are associating the table to an incorrect model by mistake. You don't really need any views but I would have one view just so you can see which model you are working with.

Surprised I am Stephen.

It worked... I created new drawing file for assembly having those 36 parts and tried to do Table From File.

Any one having any idea why Table From File is not working in existing drawing file?

Regards

Ketan

Since you said the drawing had multiple models, my guess is that when you added the table originally, you had the wrong model active at the moment you added the table (this doesn't change when you change the active model, it's still associated to the model that was active when you added the table).

You can check this, go to the TABLE tab, REPEAT REGION, then in the menu manager select MODEL/REP then SELECT THE TABLE. In the message window, it will tell you what model the table is currently driven by.

model-rep.jpg

currently-driven.jpg

Thanks for this info Stephan.

I checked and repeat region is driven by correct assembly file...

I am wondering whether rep [Master Rep, Light Graphics Rep] plays an important role for BOM table or not...

I checked and none of the simplified representation for the model I am looking for is having only one part into it...To conclude; Repeat Region is pointing to correct  model [ignoring model representation] and still BOM table is not proper... BOM is having only one part into it compared to 30 to 35 parts...

Are there any assemblies that have the one part that is showing up?

Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:Chris3)

Follow up: Is the one part that is showing up added to the drawing seperately?

Top Tags