cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Text for detailed and xsec views

MuriloSilva
3-Visitor

Text for detailed and xsec views

I have a question regarding to text for detailed and xsec views:

Is there an option where can to change xsec name (well not name of section, for example A, or B or something), but to change instead "SECTION" is displayed "CORTE" (my goal is to try to translate to my language, for now I must enter in note section and change it there so it is a lot of work to do when changing names of sections and detailed views).

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I assume you've changed the language from English to either Spanish (or perhaps Portuguese or Italian) and that didn't help? If not, try that and see what happens.

While not a direct answer, a simple workaround would be a mapkey to make the text change more quickly. Here's one that should speed things up a little for you. Copy the text below into your config.pro file then import the new config.pro file to your session.

mapkey $F2 @MAPKEY_LABELReplace Section with Corte;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Key `main_dlg_cur` `proe_win` 786432 `Home`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Key `main_dlg_cur` `proe_win` 16777216 `Shift`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Key `main_dlg_cur` `proe_win` 50331648 `Ctrl+Shift`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Key `main_dlg_cur` `proe_win` 50659328 `Ctrl+Shift+Right Arrow`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Key `main_dlg_cur` `proe_win` 196608 `Del`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Key `main_dlg_cur` `proe_win` 21168195 `Shift+C`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Key `main_dlg_cur` `proe_win` 21954639 `Shift+O`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Key `main_dlg_cur` `proe_win` 22151250 `Shift+R`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Key `main_dlg_cur` `proe_win` 22282324 `Shift+T`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Key `main_dlg_cur` `proe_win` 21299269 `Shift+E`;

Then double click on any section note on the word "SECTION" (stay away from the section name itself) and press the F2 key. Let me know if it works for you or not.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

I assume you've changed the language from English to either Spanish (or perhaps Portuguese or Italian) and that didn't help? If not, try that and see what happens.

While not a direct answer, a simple workaround would be a mapkey to make the text change more quickly. Here's one that should speed things up a little for you. Copy the text below into your config.pro file then import the new config.pro file to your session.

mapkey $F2 @MAPKEY_LABELReplace Section with Corte;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Key `main_dlg_cur` `proe_win` 786432 `Home`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Key `main_dlg_cur` `proe_win` 50331648 `Ctrl+Shift`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Key `main_dlg_cur` `proe_win` 50659328 `Ctrl+Shift+Right Arrow`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Key `main_dlg_cur` `proe_win` 196608 `Del`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Key `main_dlg_cur` `proe_win` 21168195 `Shift+C`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Key `main_dlg_cur` `proe_win` 21954639 `Shift+O`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Key `main_dlg_cur` `proe_win` 22151250 `Shift+R`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Key `main_dlg_cur` `proe_win` 22282324 `Shift+T`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Key `main_dlg_cur` `proe_win` 21299269 `Shift+E`;

Then double click on any section note on the word "SECTION" (stay away from the section name itself) and press the F2 key. Let me know if it works for you or not.

Hi Geoffrey Baxter.

Thank you very much for your reply,but I had already created shortcuts to make those changes quickly.

I did not want to use shortcuts because today we have several (approximately 170) shortcuts.

As I was not finding another solution had to create shortcuts to make this function.

Below are the shortcuts created.

To use simply click once (for select) the note and use the shortcut compatible.

mapkey xc @MAPKEY_LABEL SECTION;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Timer `UI Desktop` `UI Desktop` `popupMenuRMBTimerCB`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Close `rmb_popup` `PopupMenu`;~ Command `ProCmdEditProperties`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Update `note_text_asynch` `txt_note_text` `CORTE \"&xsec_name\"`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ FocusOut `note_text_asynch` `txt_note_text`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Select `note_text_asynch` `tab_main` 1 `lay_style`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `note_text_asynch` `psh_color`;~ Activate `tscoldial` `sys0` 0;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `tscoldial` `Ok`;~ Activate `note_text_asynch` `psh_ok`;

mapkey xs @MAPKEY_LABEL SECTION_SCALE

mapkey(continued) ~ Close `rmb_popup` `PopupMenu`;~ Command `ProCmdEditProperties`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Update `note_text_asynch` `txt_note_text` `CORTE \
mapkey(continued) \"{1:&xsec_name}\"\nESCALA &view_scale`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `note_text_asynch` `psh_color`;~ Activate `tscoldial` `sys0` 0;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `tscoldial` `Ok`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Move `note_text_asynch` `note_text_asynch` 2 25.944709 2.802669;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `note_text_asynch` `psh_ok`;

mapkey xd @MAPKEY_LABELDETAIL;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Update `note_text_asynch` `txt_note_text` `DETALHE \
mapkey(continued) \"{1:&view_name}\"\nESCALA  &det_scale`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `note_text_asynch` `psh_color`;~ Activate `tscoldial` `sys0` 1;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `tscoldial` `Ok`;~ Activate `note_text_asynch` `psh_ok`;

mapkey xv @MAPKEY_LABELSEE DETAIL;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Update `note_text_asynch` `txt_note_text` `DETALHE \"{1:&view_name}\"`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `note_text_asynch` `psh_color`;~ Activate `tscoldial` `sys0` 1;\

Thank you again.

Hugs.

Glad to see you've got some mapkeys all set up. If changing the language doesn't help, there may be no way to get "SECTION" to default to "CORTE", or if there is, it will be buried deep good luck!

Top Tags