cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Textures in WF5

CBenner
5-Regular Member

Textures in WF5

Does anyone know if there is something special you have to set to apply textures in WF5? I've been using textures for years, and suddenly I cannot get one to show up. The button on the appearance manager that would allow me to change the size, rotation etc of a texture is greyed out. Help Center, as usual, is useless... it assumes these buttons are active but says nothing about what to di if they are not! PTC... WHY oh WHY did you change (improve) things that were working just fine in WF4?!?!?!
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
Chris Benner
Autodesk ® Expert Elite
4 REPLIES 4

Hi, Don't know if this helps but I was stuggling to add a decal on WF4, and all the boxes were greyed out and I couldn't select 'Decal' from the 'Maps' tab. It turned out that these only become active if you slect a color other than the ProE default (usually grey, in the top left corner, i think). I selected another color and these tabs became active. It's a stupid thing. Not sure if this relates to you in WF5 though.
CBenner
5-Regular Member
(To:JosephLord)

Thanks, but that doesn't seem to be the issue in WF5, i've tried manipulating the textures on a variety of colors, including some with textures that were supplied with Pro-E like the "marble". Can't change the scale or roientation of any of them, the box to edit texture palcement is greyed out no matter what I do.
Chris Benner
Autodesk ® Expert Elite

Hi Chris, what you need to do is the following: click on the little pipette symbol and then on the model. This will activate the placement dialogue window (pls. do not ask "why" )
CBenner
5-Regular Member
(To:cbernuth-disabl)

I figured out yesterday what the issue was, and none of this can be done in an assembly, you have to go down to part level to do it. They sure made it "easier". I have to say I am daily becoming more frustrated with what PTC "improved".
Chris Benner
Autodesk ® Expert Elite
Top Tags