cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The more I try and detail parts in Creo 4 the worse it gets.

Highlighted
Sapphire I

The more I try and detail parts in Creo 4 the worse it gets.

Ok, I've been on Pro/E since v15, and I have to say this is the WORST revision I've ever seen for detailing.  Congrats PTC, just when I thought you couldn't make it any worse, you lower the bar.

Dimensioning is a nightmare, the ribbon is somehow worse.  Nice.

Trying to do any GD&T is absolutely absurd.  You can't add a GD&T model datum axis to a dimension anymore, which is completely FUBAR'd.  So, I guess PTC has decided not to allow the following of ASME Y14.5 anymore because they know something better?  So, we're supposed to make dwg datums to put where they're needed on the dwg because we can no longer use the correct model datums?  So now we can put control frames in there using datums that don't exist in the model?  Nice.

Unbelievable.  If I don't get the new position where I'll need to use this wretched excuse for a revision, I'm going back to Creo 3 M180, which I like.  Yeah the ribbon still sux, but nothing like the monstrosity that is the Creo 4 GUI.

In all the years I've been on Pro/E and defended it to all the Solidworks guys, I've never seen a rev that, as far as I'm concerned, has NO redeeming new features or reason to "upgrade".  In fact, with everything I've seen that's a timewaster, it's DETRIMENTAL to go from Creo 3 to Creo 4.  I'm wasting all kinds of time just trying to do dwgs whereas in Creo 3 it was easy.

Un.  Friggin'.  Believable.

Announcements