cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Theta symbol

BrianMorales
6-Contributor

Theta symbol

Pro/E users,

Is it possible to display a model note that contains a theta symbol? In order to create the theta symbol in the model note, I held down the ALT key and entered 233. Unfortunately, when I display the note in the drawing, the theta symbol appears as a block. Any hints?

Thanks!!

Brian Morales
Sandia National Laboratories
Albuquerque, NM
Organization 2997 Mail Stop 0648
Phone 505-844-5762

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Brian,

There are 3 options:

OPTION 1. When you create your note, choose any character to put in as a placeholder for the Theta and sorround it with curley braces and Pro|E's note break text (ie, {1:THETA}). I usually just use the "1:" as Pro|E will figure it out and replace it with the proper marker. After doing this, you can select that text separate from the rest of the note. Just chance the text for that section to a TrueType font like Arial and enter your ALT+233 combo to change it to Theta.

OPTION 2. Change the text of your entire not to a TrueType font, then what you enter in the note text entry box will be EXACTLY what you get out on the drawing. However, if you are trying to keep text aligned, you will want to find a monospaced (or fixed-width) font (like Liberation Mono) as most fonts in Windows are proportional (spacing for 'i' and 'l' are different from the spacing for 'm' or 'w').

In both Option 1 and Option 2, you need to have Pro|E capable of seeing a proper font file. There is a config.pro option for this (pro_font_dir if I remember correctly)

OPTION 3. Create a theta symbol and insert it in the note. This may cause line spacing issues.

-Lawrence Srutkowski

In Reply to Brian Morales:

Pro/E users,

Is it possible to display a model note that contains a theta symbol? In order to create the theta symbol in the model note, I held down the ALT key and entered 233. Unfortunately, when I display the note in the drawing, the theta symbol appears as a block. Any hints?

Thanks!!

Brian Morales
Sandia National Laboratories
Albuquerque, NM
Organization 2997 Mail Stop 0648
Phone 505-844-5762

Top Tags