cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Thin-walled hyper-elastic cyclinder analysis not converging

afreyberger
1-Newbie

Thin-walled hyper-elastic cyclinder analysis not converging

Hey everybody,

I've been trying to run a static simulation where a thin-walled, cylindrical, hyper-elastic balloon is subjected to a pressure of 4 psi, but it keeps failing due to "the study did not converge for time: X.XX."

I am using: - Thin-wall AutoGEM control to ensure wedge elements

- ten-steps for the pressure function

- a relatively small element size (1 mm)

Has anybody had similar issues with hyperelastic materials? I attached the creo file. Thank you!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

As of now, I have only been able to achieve results up to 0.2 psi. I used a load condition of 1 psi, and I used 20 steps for the load factor at 0.01 increments (from 0.01-0.20). If I go any higher for the load factor, my analysis does not converge.

Ultimately, the goal is to achieve 800% strain at 4 psi for my result.

Top Tags