cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

To change color for the complex assemblies

mrd
4-Participant
4-Participant

To change color for the complex assemblies

if i want to change the color for the particular assy having some 10 child parts and i want all the parts to be in the same color

normally in wildfire if select the assembly in model tree and i select the particular color in the appearance manager it will change but it is not happening in creo 2.0.i have to select all the parts in the model tree to give the same color.pls find the attachement for better understanding

may be some other options will be there,can anyone pls guide me

Dinesh

MartinHanak

10 REPLIES 10
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:mrd)

Dinesh,

• open an assembly
  • select color
  • select assembly node at the top of model tree

select_asm.png

• click MMB

That's all...

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
mrd
4-Participant
4-Participant
(To:MartinHanak)

martin,

thanks for your reply,can you explain what is MMB,i couldn't get you

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:mrd)

Middle Mouse Button

Martin Hanák
cspinelli
13-Aquamarine
(To:MartinHanak)

Martin, is it possible to overwrite appearance of the part if i apply color to assembly?

Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:cspinelli)

Any appearance applied at the assembly level (components or an entire assembly) reside at that assembly level. This leaves in place the component appearance defined at the component level when the component is opened individually.

cspinelli
13-Aquamarine
(To:Chris3)

ok thanks but with Creo 2 it seems that it applies color only to some parts, am i wrong?

Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:cspinelli)

What you are experiencing may be that the surfaces of those parts have appearances defined. Surface appearance overrides an appearance applied to the entire part. Try removing all appearances and then starting over.

You should be able to apply an appearance to any part at the assembly level (with the caveat that it only applies at the assembly level)

cspinelli
13-Aquamarine
(To:Chris3)

thank you very much

I have a complex assembly of released parts in windchill with part appearances defined.

I created a new assembly with this assembly in it.  I want to change the assembly/part colors to all grey and insert a "colored ay" into it to show hose routings on a drawing.  The drawing will show shaded AY.

So i can change all the colors how i want, but when i save the assembly and reopen it, it defaults back to the set part colors, which is not what i want.  Is there a config setting to use the assembly appearance colors and over ride part appearance just for this assembly?  Or a way to do it

Hi,

• open new assembly
  • assign color from appearance library to sub-assembly (select sub-assembly node in model tree)
  • save assembly
  • that's all

If the above procedure does not work, then:

MH

Martin Hanák
Top Tags