cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Trailing zeros how to display in drawing

gnewman
1-Newbie

Trailing zeros how to display in drawing

Hello, how do i display zeros after the decimal place on dimension a view in a drawing? I have a dimension of 1 mm, but i want to display it as 1.0 to make it look better and to reflect the accuracy.

Its not significant figures as this is set as 3 for my drawing.

I have looked in File-Prepare-Drawing Properties-Detail Options.

Then I tried changing the:

lead_trail_zeros and

lead_trails _zeros_scope.

But nothing seems to make any difference. Can anyone help? Am I looking in correct area, and if so what do I need to set these two to display all the zeros as specified for my decimal places.

Thanks

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Creo seems to have done it itself not sure if it just needed the drawing closing and reopening.

I think it must have been in the area I suggested earlier.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
KenFarley
21-Topaz I
(To:gnewman)

Pick the dimension, right mouse to "Properties".

Creo seems to have done it itself not sure if it just needed the drawing closing and reopening.

I think it must have been in the area I suggested earlier.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:gnewman)

Trailing zeros on metric dimensions violates ASME Y14.5 rules for dimensioning!

See section 1.6.1of ASME Y14.5-2009 for Millimeter Dimensioning.

Decimal places on metric dimensioned drawings are not to be used for specifying tolerancing.

Top Tags