cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Transfering drawing templates from Prodesktop 8.0 to Creo Parametrics 2.0

ptc-5018645
1-Newbie

Transfering drawing templates from Prodesktop 8.0 to Creo Parametrics 2.0

Is it possible to use a drawing template from Prodesktop 8.0 and use it on Creo Parametrics?

I can not figure how to easily make a template on Parametrics.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

If the formats were made with tables, maybe. Do you have access to the ProDesktop software? You may have to export the tables if you cannot read the file directly.

Luke, Templates in Creo work are different to the ones in Pro|DESKTOP and its probably easier to modify the Creo templates.

A tutorial showing how to create and manage Creo templates and drawing formats is attached to this post. Although it was written for an earlier version, the techniques are the same for Creo. Let us know how you get on.

On pg 46 of the pdf, they are placing a symbol. Is that symbol being placed in the template, or is it being placed in the table? If it is the table, how does it get associated with the cell om which its placed.

I am trying to place a symbol in a table (table template) not a drawing template.

Thanks, Dale

I started a new thead:

http://communities.ptc.com/message/209850#209850

Sincere apologies I didn't see this sooner.

The file being edited is a format (drawing) that is applied to a new drawing when created.

The projection symbol is being placed on the drawing and not in a table.

Top Tags