Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transparency in PV

Transparency in PV

Hello,

does anyone know if it is possible to display models with transparency in PV? I am using PV 9.1 Lite M050 and I am watching the following behavior:

Opening a native Pro/E model (which has been assigned a color withtransparency) in PV, the model is transparent in PV. And I cannot change the display in PV to "don't display transparency".

Exporting the model to *.pvz and opening this in PV causes the transparency getting lost... in PV the model is displayed in non-transparency.

Is there a way to switch transparency??? Either when exporting to pvs, ed, pvz or is there an option in PV???

Thanks,

Andreas

Andreas Hellmann
MCAD Services Pro/E & Pro/E customization
Rudolf-Diesel-Str. 6
D-65439 Floersheim / Germany

phone: +49 6145 598296
mail: -

3 REPLIES 3

RE: Transparency in PV

Andreas -

Unfortunately you cannot do this in PV lite and you need PV Prof. for this which is licensed.

Regards,

Ramesh

Highlighted

Hello Andreas,

Interesting question for which I have only part of the answer :

To be able to change color, or apply transparency to an object in ProductView, you need to have ProductView Professional. It's not possible in Lite version. So that's why I think that you cannot disable Transparency.

I don't know, how to disable transparency upon opening native proe files ; I didn't find any recipe file for that. When saving, or exporting as a .pvz, it might be that, as you're on Lite version, you're not able to save representations with Transparency in it...

To be investigated (or ask to PTC).

Xavier LEGER

Thanks for your answers.

Yes - it seems to be correct that you need PV Prof for switching transparency. I got PTC Customer Support confirmed that.

In the Professional version it is very easy - there is an option in the context menu on the right mouse button...

Andreas

Andreas Hellmann
MCAD Services Pro/E & Pro/E customization
Rudolf-Diesel-Str. 6
D-65439 Floersheim / Germany

phone: +49 6145 598296
mail: -

Announcements
LiveWorx Call For Papers Happening Now!