cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Trouble with offset cross sections...

pdkoren
1-Newbie

Trouble with offset cross sections...

Anyone else seen issues with offset cross sections from older model/drawings AFTER they have been redefined/converted to the latest CREO 2 mode? I have inherited an older drawing of a cylindrical model with an offset cross section; just two different bolt patterns, so the offset isthrueach and thecenter. The drawing has a side view with an FULL(Aligned)cross section in it thatwas displaying just fine.UNTIL, I went in to define aNEW cross section in the pre-Creo model, whichcaused all the cross sections to be redefined to the new CREO mode. NOW, the offset cross section will not display. It will not show in 3D in the model, andwhile it will show cross hatching in the view, it shows a full side view, no interior section lines. I have tried to recreate theview and also taken the model to a new drawing and tried, niether worked. I have seen issues witholder drawings and FULL(Aligned) views in the past, but have always been able tocreatea new view with thedesired cross section and then simplyswap items to the new view. This time, nothing seems to work...

Any ideas? Comments? Suggestions? View tutorial pages? Anything?...

thanks in advance...

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

Paul,

I have been having this exact same problem with Zero luck.

Have you found a solution since you posted this?

I have tried moving my cross section lines off of tangent points in round objects (this has worked sometimes) with now luck.

I have see issues with cross sections not showing properly in the past before Creo, so I don't know if this is strictly a new issue or related. In those past instances sometimes changing the accuracy would fix the sections to display properly. Other times I have been able to move the location of the section slightly (like 0.005") and that corrected things. Don't like doing the later if the section is to be exactly thru the center of a feature, but it is just a section and not changing geometry. Good luck.

I've done what Mark has as well. It's usually when the cross-section goes through an axis. Move it .005" away from the axis and it should work properly.

I have used the trick offsetting my lines from the axis before, that usually fixes my problems and I can continue detailing, but this one is being stubborn.  I didn't think about changing the accuracy, will have to try that next.

Well after adjusting the accuracy of my model, and moving my cross section lines 1mm off of any tangent points my cross section are still failing. I will post again if I can ever find a solution to this most annoying problem.

Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:M.Shuler)

Do you have part interference like a pressed in pin? If so try eliminating that feature / component and see if it fixes the problem.

Top Tags