cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Truncate dimension in a drawing

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Truncate dimension in a drawing

In a similar thread, there was a way to truncate the output of a parameter used as a dimension in a drawing (See thread: http://communities.ptc.com/message/191893#191893 ).

What I am looking for is to truncate a dimension giving in a note by using the &d121 value where d121 is the dimension of the hole, depth or whatever.

I tried &d121[.2] and that didn't work like it did for parameters like &holedepth[.2].

Thanks, Dale

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Dale

I didn't know till lately you can select your note then select the dimension in the note and it will take you to the dimension properties dialog box. Works like a charm in WF5

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Dale,

did you try to truncate dimension value in Properties dialog box ?

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:MartinHanak)

This dimension is one that I was putting in a note instead of using a "dimension". In a previous question, I was asking about putting a jog in a radial or diametral dimension and the person suggestion putting it in a note. It was good except I wanted to change the number after the decimal for the c'bore depth.

i.e.

Dia &d121 CLEARANCE

FOR 3/8-16UNC

Dia &d122 (counterbore symbol) {7:&d120}[.2] x

Dale

I didn't know till lately you can select your note then select the dimension in the note and it will take you to the dimension properties dialog box. Works like a charm in WF5

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:SteveFowler)

That is what I was looking for. Thanks,

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:Dale_Rosema)

Thanks again. So glad I can use the search box to relearn things.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:Dale_Rosema)

Just found out you can edit the properties in the model and it will also update the note in the drawing.

Top Tags